News & Events
At COP27, BOGA announces support fund for oil and gas phase out
At the 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27), the Beyond Oil and Gas Alliance (BOGA), co-chaired by Costa Rica and Denmark, welcomed the new members and commended existing countries for implementing concrete policies to advance their pledges.
BOGA at COP27: ‘Moving Beyond Oil and Gas – Leadership for a Managed, Just Phase-out of Oil and Gas Production’
One year on from its launch, BOGA is bringing together members, friends, and leaders from across the international community at COP27. This UNFCCC side event will provide an update on BOGA’s progress and explore the role that a managed phase-out of oil and gas production can play in climate, energy, and economic security, and an orderly, just transition. Join us on Wednesday 16 November, from 13:15 to 14:45 Egyptian Standard Time.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dan Jørgensen, Minister of Climate and Energy and Public Utilities, Denmark
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO, European Climate Foundation
- Benoit Charette, Minister of the Environment, Quebec
- Romina Pourmokhtari, Minister for Climate and the Environment, Sweden
- Duarte Cordeiro, Minister for the Environment and Climate Action, Portugal
- Stephane Crouzat, Climate Ambassador, France
- Jay Inslee, Governor, Washington State
- Diego Pardow Lorenzo, Minister for Energy, Chile
- Eamon Ryan, Minister for Environment, Climate and Communications, Ireland
- Satyendra Prasad, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Fiji to the UN
- Ali D. Mohammed, Senior Advisor, Climate Change, Office of the President, Kenya
- Christie Ulman, President, Sequoia Climate Foundation
Join in person, Room 5 (Memphis), Blue Zone (UNFCCC accreditation required) or watch online on the UNFCCC Secretariat livestream (open to all, no registration required).
In the face of the energy crisis, the Beyond Oil and Gas Alliance reiterates call for a managed phase-out of oil and gas production
Alongside the UN General Assembly meeting in New York, the Beyond Oil and Gas Alliance (BOGA) called for an acceleration in the transition away from fossil fuel dependency, and for a massive increase in energy efficiency and renewable energy investment, to deliver long-term climate and energy security.
Beyond Oil and Gas Alliance Announces Siân Bradley as First Head of Secretariat
The Beyond Oil and Gas Alliance (BOGA) today announced Siân Bradley, senior research fellow in the Environment and Society Programme at Chatham House, as its inaugural head of secretariat.
At COP26, 11 National and Subnational Governments Launch The Beyond Oil & Gas Alliance
New global alliance will seek a managed phase-out of oil and gas production to align with Paris Agreement goals.